Since our Christmas Eve was going to be on the 23rd this year we decided to do something different. We decided to stay at mom's for the evening and wake up to Christmas morning (for us the 24th) at mom's. We packed up all the kids and then ALL the presents. Ended up having to use hubby's truck to hual it all.
We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner of duck and roast. Mom had everything so nice. Jeff and Carrie and the boys decided to join us.
We just hung around having fun. Mom sang Christmas songs, Donnie tried. Normally my kids make Santa cookies, which are Candy Cane cookies. But with as busy as it was up to the 23rd and then not being properly prepared at moms to make them we didn't get to this year. So
My wonderful Hubby got me, totally unexpectedly too, the new camera I have been wanting!
I couldn't believe what I saw on the box, I had to take it all out to see it in my hands. I was soo happy and surprised and all the emotions in me flooded out! I couldn't help but cry!!
It was an awesome day!!
However it was a long day! If you notice we are all in our jammies. Well thats because my kids (my 19yo kid) had us awake at 5:00am wanting to open gifts! Then the rest slowly woke up. We made them wait til 6:00am and couldn't hold them off any longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment