Monday, November 06, 2006

Rain, Rain, Go Away!!

Well, we've been raining ALL day today and I think I can go back to yesterday!
It's let up a couple of times and we may have had one short time that it actually stopped. Unfortunately not long enough to undo all the flooding its creating!!
These are pictures from our back deck. They are building back there and that area has been for many years known as 'wetlands'. But the were permitted to build still.
This house is still being built and right beside it is the cement foundation for another house.
The space of the foundation is filled pretty much all the way with water.

This is to the right side. The tan and grey houses are the other two brand new houses they just put in. All the shine you see is water! That white house sitting almost center, is pretty much encircled with water. It's just stopped feet from the walls of the house.

This is in the same direction as the first picture above, but more straight out. Again, all the shine you see is water!! If you look close you can see a black strip runing the length, from left to right. Just behind that is a creek. However right now it's all part of the yards around it.


As of right now, it is still raining, good and strong! I am anxious to see how bad it will be in the morning! We've got roads blocked off already. I'm sure there'll be more closed tomorrow!

It's awfull to see! I just glad we are up on th hill.

No comments: