I had this idea that I wanted to line the front porch with planters full of flowers. I talked to my dad about it. I spent the day with him one day last week and he helped me make these planters.
Yes, with my dads help, I made these! I LOVE them! They turned out awesome! Now I can't wait to get some flowers in them!!We also Thompson water sealed the porch. It's a little bit darker now then it used to be, but we like how it turned out.
While at my dads Elizabeth wanted to make something too. She was going to make a birdhouse until dad remembered he had one already done. So he gave it to her. She was sooooo excited! I then remembered that we had two at home put away somewhere. So while I was painting my planters, the girls painted the three birdhouses. They are very bright and summery!
Then we thought, the birds needed somewhere to eat too. I called my dad again! Ha ha ha We went over Tuesday and I built the feeder that's on the top of the post. (with dads help of course- he works the big saws, not me!) We have a couple things still not done that will be added here. After getting everything painted and hung, we are now Open for Business!! Welcome to the" 'Bird Motel' , Where birds come to Live!" (Elizabeth's name and quote! We'll put that up there somewhere.)
Remember from before I said right in the spot that the house is in, there will be planted a flowering shrub/bush of some kind.
So the birds will have the trees for hiding and sitting in when not using the houses and feeding!
We've also spread grass seed all over the ground we took all the rock out of and in the grass to help thicken it up.
The yard is already looking better!
2 comments:
Dad's are great aren't they. Pretty cool what you did there. I'm hoping to get creative here pretty soon too.
LIke the whole look and the plant will do well back there
Lynda
Post a Comment