So we have finally had some awesome weather to go out and do some yardwork with, and we both weren't working. I started with the flower beds while Donnie mowed and weed-eated.
This top photo I planted irises beside the rose bush. I think I put 12 bulbs in there.
This is along the walkway. I planted irises in the back (thats what you can see here). Theres maybe 30 here. In front of the irises we planted two rows consisting of tulips and daffodils. 

I found the daffodils and tulips in the garden dirt. While weeding I dug up clusters of bulbs that were to bunched and not growing anymore. So I seperated them all and replanted them!
In the far left corner of the space there is a plant. It's hard to see. It is lavendar and I am really hoping it stays alive!!
This is the right side of the house. We dug all the rocks out and the cement steps. We are going to try and put a small vegie garden here.And here is the biggest part of our beautification process! The front yard. We are removing alllllll the rocks and the weeds and the black ground sheets from the whole area its in. We want to put back the green grassy front yard it once was.
We knew it was going to be alot of work, but we kinda missed the word 'hard' from that thought! It's going to be alot of 'hard' work!! That black stuff is not easy to come up now that the grass and weeds are growing through it and the weight of the rocks on it!
Oh ya, another thing we've realized. This is going to make for some really great weight loss workouts!! I burned some major calories today!! WOO-HOO!!
I'll share more as we see improvements!


1 comment:
Looking good girl, you all have done some hard work, but your right the front yard won't be easy
Lynda
Post a Comment